Tagliatelle with Octopus
– 1-pound Tagliatelle (wide pasta)
– 2 pound baby octopus, cleaned and cut into peaces
– 2 tablespoons olive oil
– 1 medium onion thinly sliced
– 2 cloves garlic crushed
– 15 oz can crushed tomatoes
– ½ cup dry white wine
– 1-tablespoon chili sauce
– 1-tablespoon fresh basil chopped
– Salt and pepper to taste.
– Cool Pasta al dente and set aside.
– While pasta is cooking place the oil in a pan over a low heat and add the onions and garlic.
– Cook until tender
– Add the tomato, wine, chili sauce and basil.
– Season with salt and pepper and bring to a boil.
– Reduce the heat and let simmer for 10 minutes.
– Add the octopus to the sauce and cook until tender, about five minutes.
– Pour over the cooked pasta and serve at once.